Why Lexis® Practical Guidance: Consumer Law?
Users get direct access to critical, up-to-date information and guidance that they can rely on.
Lexis® Practical Guidance Consumer Law is a web-based reference guide that offers user friendly and practical advice to both consumers and suppliers.
"Guidance you can trust. I like the quicl results I can give my clients"
"It gives me everything I need to know about anything in our field!"
"You've expected to know how... it's a manefield out there."
Consumer Law. Table of contents.
- Introduction to consumer rights
- Consumer rights and protection
- Product safety and liability
- Enforcement of the CPA
- Business names
- Industry codes of conduct
- Tips for suppliers of specific goods and services
- Types of consumer rights
- Application of the CPA
- Exemptions and exclusions
- The right of equality in a consumer market
- The right to privacy
- The right to choose
- The right to return, refund and/or replacement
- Right to disclosure and information
- Product labelling
- Right to fair and responsible marketing
- Right to fair and honest dealing
- Right to fair just and reasonable contract terms
- Right to fair value good quality and safety
- Right to supplier accountability
- What is a franchise
- Agreements with franchisees
- Product recall
- Strict liability
- Strict liability recovery
- Authorities and their roles
- Enforcing a claim
- Consequences of non compliance
- Registration and criteria
- Details of industry codes
- What to look out for in certain industries or contracts